Apply to be a Program Coordinator for ZeroZero
ZeroZero is looking for another Program Coordinator to run point on our new Phase Two programs. As our kids begin to grow and journey through our ZeroZero plan, we have discovered a need for an additional Program Coordinator to oversee and nurture these relationships. This person would work at Knight Eady headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama but would be a ZeroZero employee. Our goal is to have this position filled and ready to start by March 1, 2023.
If you are interested, please read below and apply here when ready.
ZeroZero was founded in November 2020 as a nonprofit organization with a mission to help children in Birmingham better understand the types of diverse career opportunities that exist within the ecosystem of sports and empower them to pursue opportunities that match their unique giftings, aptitudes and interests. Our long-term vision is to create equitable career paths for all children regardless of upbringing through the transcendent world of sports.
Under the supervision of the president of ZeroZero, this position will support the foundation by assisting in community partnerships, retention of participants, development of volunteers, organization and fulfillment of overnight sports experiences and general oversight of all Phase 2 program fulfillment.
Program Oversight Responsibilities
- Oversee and retain relationships with Phase 2 partners as well as help lead communication and organizational fulfillment of services tied to those partners
- Develop and retain relationships with current ZeroZero families and participants as well as strategies to help our children proactively start preparing for career opportunities
- Coordinate all overnight sports experiences including travel details, insurance polices and liability, communication with sports organizations and students/families/volunteers who will participate
- Create an efficient and organized profile management system to properly keep track of progress and growth with each participant.
- Work to create long-term strategies for each ZeroZero child based on profile management and share strategies with the Board of Directors and leadership.
- Present to the ZeroZero board yearly to recap successes, positive impacts made, failures, areas of improvement, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one (1) year of demonstrated experience in nonprofits, project management or event management. Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Familiarity with the city of Birmingham and its nonprofit organizations
- Organized and detail oriented
- Competency and comfort in working with children
- Experience with project implementation and management
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently internally and externally
- (All applicants must be willing to participate in a background check before employment can begin)
Annual Salary Compensation - $36,000-$40,000
- ZeroZero will provide IRS mileage rate for all staff travel in personal vehicles and reimbursement of all staff travel, lodging, and other travel related expenses.
- ZeroZero will provide Apple Mac Book Pro Laptop or iMac for company use.
- Vacation is not limited but subject to written approval
SUPPORTING ZEROZERO INFORMATION
Phase 2: “Unite” Overview
While having a passion for something is important, there are other areas in a child’s life that play into their future success, whether that be on or off the field. In Phase Two, our goal is to continue building on our kids’ love for sports, while also uniting three crucial areas of their lives that will be needed for them to be successful, whether that’s in their career, relationship or hobbies.
In this phase, each child will enter into ZeroZero-partnered programs that promote their mental, physical and emotional well-being; things like trauma therapy, continued athletic training, ACT preparation and after school tutoring options.
Our ZeroZero Experiences give our children the opportunity to learn about careers in sports first handedly from current sports professionals that are working in and around the game. Each experience will be specific to the organization and group of children we partner with on the enrichment program. The goal is to inspire children through the lens of athletic competition and provide them with a well-rounded perspective on the sports economy surrounding athletic competition and various career opportunities.
Program Services Responsibilities
- Serve as lead on all ZeroZero Phase 2 partner services
- Weekly engagement & communication with all Phase 2 partners
- Develop and manage tracking methods to ensure Foundation has a strong understand of all participation and engagement opportunities
- Lead on weekly communication with ZZ kids and families
- Responsible for content development around Foundation blog + social media engagement
- Communicate with the Executive Director around annual strategies for each child who they oversee in Phase 2.
- Serve as lead on all ZeroZero Phase 2 Overnight Experiences
- Responsible for recruitment and curation of bi-annual overnight ZZ experiences
- Develop travel budgets, oversee itineraries and ensure all insurance/liablility details are finalized
- Lead recruitment of ZZ Experiences volunteers/supporters
- Contribute to annual ZeroZero Phase 2 Budget discussions/implementation planning sessions.